Slide Nature
Destruction
of
Slide Architecture Destruction
of
Slide Human rights Destruction
of

House-Museum of Khurshudbanu Natavan

The two-story house belonging to Khurshudbanu Natavan, popularly known as “Khan’s daughter” is a historical and architectural monument of the 18th century in Shusha city.

Shusha Music School, the first children’s music school established in Azerbaijan on the initiative of Bulbul, the founder of Azerbaijan’s vocal art, began operating in this building in the early 1930s. Since 1984, the school was renamed the Shusha Children’s Art School named after Niyazi.

After the overhaul and restoration of the Khurshudbanu Natavan’s House in 1987, the Karabakh branch of the National Museum of Azerbaijani Literature named after Nizami Ganjavi began to operate in this building and named after Khurshudbanu Natavan.

Hundreds of artworks, including paintings, carpets, miniatures, souvenirs, archeological samples collected and exhibited in the Museum.

The Museums were faced with Armenian vandalism after the occupation of Shusha city by the Armenian Armed Forces on May 8, 1992. As the result, all of the above-mentioned exhibits and collections of the Museum were destroyed and seized by Armenians.

  1. Ismayilova, Laman, “Culture Ministry spreads facts about Armenian vandalism”, AZERNEWS, 13 October 2020. https://www.azernews.az/culture/170600.html.

Releated posts

Card image cap
Garagol State Reserve

Qaragol Interrepublics State Reserve was set up with the decision of the Council of Ministers dated November17, 1987. Garagol State …

Card image cap
Aghdam Bread Museum

The idea of establishing Aghdam Bread Museum, which is considered to be the second in the world after the Zurich …

Card image cap
Khurshudbanu Natavan’s House

The Khurshudbanu Natavan’s House is a historical and architectural monument of the 18th century located in the city of Shusha. …

Card image cap
Museum Mausoleum Complex of Molla Panah Vagif

Museum Mausoleum Complex of Molla Panah Vagif is located in Shusha, Azerbaijan. It was built in honor of Molla Panah …

Card image cap
15-arched Khudafarin Bridge

The Bridge belongs to the Arran architecture school. The first written source that mentioned the 15-arched Khudafarin Bridge belongs to …

Card image cap
Garghabazar Caravanserai

Garghabazar Caravanserai was built in 1681 at the hillside, in the center of Garghabazar village of Fuzuli district, 8 km …

Card image cap
Russian Orthodox Church in Kuropatkino village of Khojavand

Armenia’s vandalism in Nagorno-Karabakh and seven surrounding regions affected not only the historical, cultural, and religious heritage of Islam but …

Card image cap
Jabrayil History-Ethnography Museum

Jabrayil History-Ethnography Museum has been operating since 1953. Archaeological and ethnographic materials belonging to the history of the region, textiles, …

Card image cap
Khudavang Monastery Complex

Khudavang, or Dedeveng, Monastery Complex is located in the Vang village of Kalbajar District, on the left bank of Tartar …

Card image cap
Aghdam Juma Mosque

“The 19th century Aghdam Juma Mosque is perhaps the only structure that has withstood the years of neglect since the …